Tuesday 6 November 2012

Typical Day

Oh how my days have changed since I was a working mom. Before my days were non stop and exhausting, I didn't usually sit down until around 9:30/10:00 at night. I really don't miss those days. My job yes but not the scrambling to get everything done and ready for the next day. By the time the weekend arrived my husband and I were so exhausted from the week we didn't want to do anything. 

Now that I stay home with Claire and run everything in our home my days are filled with order, flexibility and Claire's doctors appointments (no kidding she has one almost once at week). It was a hard transition at first but after a month or so I settled into my new role. Myself and our family is so much more stress free now and we can actually enjoy our evenings and weekends together. I've also actually been able to go on extra trips home to California for family events, which before I always missed out on because of work. 

Thought i'd share a typical day for Claire. It's always interesting to see other babies schedules especially if your trying to work out a schedule for your own. Of course it's subject to change depending on her appointments and other events we have going on like MOPS. But this will give you a basic idea of how  we spend our days now. 

Claire's Typical Schedule

8:45/9:00: Wake up
9:00: Morning sippy cup (6oz) and breakfast 
9:20-10:30: Play time (toys, books, sit n' stand walker and her jumper)
10:30-12:00: Morning Nap
12:00-1:00: Snack time and table top toys or activity center
1:00: Midday sippy cup (6oz) and lunch
1:30-3:00: Errands or walk to the park and playtime
3:00-4:30/5:00: Afternoon Nap
5:00: Evening sippy cup (6oz) and a snack
5:30-6:30: Play time
6:30: Bath time
7:15-8:30: Play time
8:30: Night bottle (6oz)
8:45/9:00: Bedtime

*She drinks water and snacks at will throughout the day*

0 comments: